What exactly is your approach as an entrepreneur when it comes to advertising or taking help of an advertising design agency to provide creative design solutions?
According to readings, most of the small entrepreneurs spend for advertisements “whatever is left over”. Well, if you are one of them, you are not alone. Most of the small businessmen treat advertising as such, as they feel that they know most of their customers who will come back, advertising or not.
Understandable, but what if you have a heavy competition in the market? Are you getting the point?
Competition or not, you always need to remind your customers that you are there and what value you bring to them. In addition, this approach will help you to attract more new customers.
Remember Marketing and advertising is an investment, not an expense. Without enough money put aside for advertising your sales can go down and you suddenly have less and less for promotion. You advertise most when you need business. You advertise more when you don’t.
Small-budget advertisers normally possess limited financial Resources to develop big advertising campaigns or go for top shot advertising design agency.
In this case you need to break the rules to be noticed.
For example, if you are running a software training centre, you can emphasis that your institute gives top priority to ‘one-to-one training’ to ensure quality results.
Now you must be wondering is there any sure shot way of advertising which not only is cost effective but has maximum impact.
To be sure, there isn’t any readymade formula for bull’s eye hitting creative design solutions but the following approaches in this article offer some great tips to get this sort of marketing in place.
Before we get to the tips let’s look at the fundamental strategies of successful advertising.
- In order to be successful, your advertising must provide a consumer value or solve a problem.
- That benefit or solution must be sought by the consumer.
- The product or service you are offering must be tied directly to that benefit or solution.
- The benefit or solution must be specifically communicated through advertising. In other words, be clear, forget the advertising glitz and make sure the message isn’t lost in the ad.
Average cost of advertising is usually 1 to 5% of gross sales, which can vary according to category of products or services, location and Industry. Budget conscious advertisers must achieve top results for their advertising dollar. Expand your dollars by adopting some creative techniques.
Highly result-oriented advices
- Place your ads in off hours or in uncommon locations on discounted rates. This will help you in containing the cost. Many times you can still reach your target market with these spots.
- Instead of a one-time big splash ad, be consistent with frequent small ads that work to keep reminding your customers of your presence.
- Consider advertising in regional issues of national magazines. The costs are lower and you can reach your target market. TV Guide is also a good choice. It stays around for at least a week.
- Sponsor a community event if you can like a fun-run, golf tournament, or other event that will be well publicized in the community. Your name may not be prominently displayed but sometimes the positive exposure in the community will bring in new customers.
- Use the media you choose to the fullest. If your message is verbal, you don’t need TV. Use radio, billboards and newspapers to the fullest.
- Consider direct mail. A letter and brochure before customer contact can increase business.
- Hire an advertising design agency which might not be top of the heap, but can get creative and specializes in interactive campaigns to provide you with creative design solutions.
If you carefully implement appropriate approaches you may get good results that will help your business grow. Keep in mind that all the above approach may not be relevant to your particular situation. However, they will demonstrate the prominence to plan and control your advertising-budget related activities.