The Andhra Pradesh government has announced its new electric mobility policy.
The new policy will attract a whopping Rs 30,000 crore worth Investments and create over 60,000 jobs.
The Andhra Pradesh state government on Wednesday (6th of Feb) at the Andhra Pradesh Energy Innovation Summit – 2019 has announced its new electric mobility policy.
The primary aim of new electric mobility policy is to attract a whopping Rs 30,000 crore worth investments and to create over 60,000 jobs.
Here’s a list of few more targets incorporated in new electric mobility policy.
- To turn Andhra Pradesh’ capital Amaravati into an electric-only city.
- To have 10 lakh electric vehicles across all vehicle sections in the state, including private and public transport vehicles by 2024.
- To convert Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) into electric, which is over 11,000 buses.
- To convert all government vehicles, including under Government Corporation, boards, and government ambulances into electric by 2024.
- To install 1 lakh Electric Vehicle charging stations by 2024.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh has already approved a Research & Development (R&D) grant worth Rs 500 crore for Electric Vehicles (EVs).
The government will also offer a 25% capital subsidy of the value of the charging station equipment and machinery.
The government will further offer 25% subsidy up to Rs 10 crore, on fixed capital investment for the very first 10 hydrogen generation and fuelling plants.